About the site
Here is the background for this site.
After working as a teacher and with environmental problems, I am now retired. It is important for me to keep my body and brain active. At the same time, I would like to live a simple and healthy life. Making this website keeps my brain active, and maintaining my home and growing vegetables keeps me physically active.
This site will tell you what I do to achieve these goals.
First some simple rules that I will follow:
- Make a fixed rhythm for my daily work
- Try to create the best possible conditions for people and environment both now and in the future
- Take into account the nature and environment of daily life
- Growing my own vegetables
- Keep me simple cooking and using seasonal vegetables
- Save on fixtures and fittings and focus on sustainability and quality
- Use my bike as much as possible
- I would also like to limit my consumption of resources.
Further, I will try to repair and expand my home myself using traditional and environmentally friendly materials.
In the future my wishes are to have:
- Solar heating and possibly solar power
- Extra isolation
- A covered terrace so I can eat outside in any weather.